A few highlights worth mentioning:
1) A few years ago the trustees set themselves the task of trying to attract a few key species to breed on the reserve for probably the first time. Success was achieved in definitely attracting barn owl and probably attracting skylark. Much work has gone on behind the scenes to attract these locally rare breeding birds to the reserve.
2) Sightings were made of 2 different egret species. It is not many years since these became regular visitors to southern England but they are now moving further north. It will not be long before they become regular visitors to the reserve?
Access Our Website
- Earlier Work Parties
- Calderdale Wildlife
- Calderdale Birds
- Calderdale Fungi
- Members Pages
- Next Meetings & Events 2019
- Welcome / Joining / login / copyright
- Cromwell Bottom Moths. B Nield & C Streets
- An Appeal for Cabin Volunteers
- Five Year Plan
- Visitor Guide and Map 2019
- Lagoon and Reedbed Conservation inc August 2018 Doc
- Refreshments in the Cabin
- Public Spaces Protection Orders (PSPO)
- CBWG AGM Annual Meeting 2019 Chairman’s Report
- Access our Website
Thursday, 23 January 2020
2019 Cromwell Bottom NR Bird Species list
Below is the list of all the species of birds seen on the Cromwell Bottom Nature reserve in 2019. There is a total of 92 different species.