Many thanks to Val and the entire Newsletter team for producing another superb publication, not forgetting the Members who submit articles and pictures.
Our latest ... Winter 2018-2019 Newsletter
along with all the others is available on our Website ... https://cromwellbottom.wordpress.com/
Access Our Website
- Earlier Work Parties
- Calderdale Wildlife
- Calderdale Birds
- Calderdale Fungi
- Members Pages
- Next Meetings & Events 2019
- Welcome / Joining / login / copyright
- Cromwell Bottom Moths. B Nield & C Streets
- An Appeal for Cabin Volunteers
- Five Year Plan
- Visitor Guide and Map 2019
- Lagoon and Reedbed Conservation inc August 2018 Doc
- Refreshments in the Cabin
- Public Spaces Protection Orders (PSPO)
- CBWG AGM Annual Meeting 2019 Chairman’s Report
- Access our Website
Monday, 17 December 2018
Little Grebe on the river at Brookfoot Loop slowly moving downstream towards Brighouse.
A nice comparison shot with a Mallard.
A Teal on the river bend above the weir. I had heard reports of a female there so this drake was a nice surprise.
The recent rain seems to have pushed good numbers of Goosander on to the canal where fishing is no doubt easier.
I never tire of seeing Nuthatches at such close quarters at both feeding stations
One of a small flock of Siskins around the cabin feeding station - a first for me here.
I keep hearing that Cromwell's a great place to photograph Kingfishers but I've yet to see one that isn't a distant blur as it shoots along the river - I will keep trying though!