Last Thursday around 8 members and friends came along to one of our Work Parties to clear Willow and brush from the eastern end of Pixie Wood. The sphagnum area is drying due to willow growth. Loppers were used to cut the young willows. These were piled to create a fence nearby. About an acre was successfully cleared cleared.
A walking party also came along and strolled around part of the site on accessible paths led by Graham our Chair, followed by hot drinks in the Cabin very ably served by Jane and Margaret.
Part of the Walking Party
We assemble in Pixie Wood
The cleared area amounts to about an acre. A job well done until next time.
Access Our Website
- Earlier Work Parties
- Calderdale Wildlife
- Calderdale Birds
- Calderdale Fungi
- Members Pages
- Next Meetings & Events 2020
- Welcome / Joining / login / copyright
- Cromwell Bottom Moths. B Nield & C Streets
- An Appeal for Cabin Volunteers
- Five Year Plan from April 2021
- Visitor Guide and Map 2019
- Lagoon and Reedbed Conservation inc August 2018 Doc
- Refreshments in the Cabin
- Public Spaces Protection Orders (PSPO)
- CBWG AGM Annual Meeting 2019 Chairman’s Report
- Access our Website
- MAP, INFO and GUIDE 2022